A Mature Age Plumbing Apprenticeship is an extremely popular choice amongst job seekers after Mature Age Apprenticeships, as it is a trade that will always be needed as long as people want to drink clean water, have warm showers and heating systems.
Plumber Job Description
Plumber Apprenticeships are one of the most sought-after trades, and due to the high demand, one of the best paid trades you can do.
Plumbers spend most of their time dealing with customers or on site, which means you need excellent communication and working skills.
How To Become A Plumber In Australia?
To become a Plumber in Australia, you must:
- Obtain a registration or a Plumber license. To do this you must obtain an AQF (Australia Qualifications Framework) certificate III, that has at the very least two years of training or an AQF IV certificate, all of which can be obtained through the completion of a plumbing apprenticeship.
- You will need to pass a test with each certificate to prove your competency.
- Now you can give Plumbing Authority in your state a visit to learn more about what the registration prerequisites in your area.
- In some cases you may be asked to take another test for the Authority.
- After this you will receive official applications forms to register, which you will need to fill in and return together with your training certificates, plumber certificates, photograph and possibly a fee (dependant on state).
- All that you need to do now is submit your completed form to the Plumbing Authority and wait for your licence and registration.
How much do plumbers earn in Australia?
As mentioned above, Plumbing is one of the highest paid trades, and here are 2011’s average Plumber salary that shows the earning potential you will have once qualified:
|Date||Average Salary||Average Min.||Average Max.|
|Oct – Dec 2011||$58,496.54||$53,408.65||$63,584.44|
|July – Sept 2011||$56,224.09||$51,489.91||$60,958.27|
|April – June 2011||$60,618.59||$55,939.30||$65,297.87|
|Jan – March 2011||$62,861.56||$58,684.33||$67,038.80|
**Source: MyCareer job listings inclusive of wage. Figures may incorporate total pkg.
Benefits Of A Plumbing Apprenticeship
There are many benefits to completing a Plumber Apprenticeship. Some of the main ones are:
- You gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification that is valid in every Australian state and over 20 other countries
- You have the potential to earn more money than in other trades
- Plumbing is in very high demand and is a job for ‘life’
- You earn money whilst you are trained
- You are entitled to benefits, pension and holidays during your plumbing Apprenticeship.
- You are constantly meeting new people and you are always on the move.
If you are interested to see the job market for Mature Age plumbing apprenticeship now, have a look at our Mature Age Apprenticeship Jobs page.
-Mature Age Apprenticeships.org Team